Cross and Tangential Flow Test Cells
Sterlitech Cross/Tangential Flow Test Cells are bench-scale cross/tangential flow membrane test cells used in pressure driven applications. Sterlitech offers test cells that are designed for small scale crossflow filtration testing using polymeric flat sheet membranes in a wide range of RO, NF, UF and MF:
CF016 and CF042 have a membrane active area of 20.6 cm2 (3.2 in2) and 42 cm2 (6.5 in2), respectively.
Sepa CF cell has a membrane active area of 140 cm2 (24 in2).
Sterlitech also offers a bench-scale test cell for tubular ceramic membranes:
In general, the feed solutions is circulated tangentially to the membrane filter in the crossflow/tangential flow membrane test cells. Molecules or materials which are smaller than the membrane's molecular weight cut-off (MWCO) or porosity pass through the membrane as permeate and the remainder is retained on the feed side of the membrane as retentate.
Cross/tangential flow test cells are typically used in membrane applications such as :
- Biological or biopharmaceutical processing
- Concentration of fruit juices and extracts
- Food and beverage processing
- Desalination of brackish water or seawater
- Purification of rinse water in electroplating tanks
- Municipal or industrial water and wastewater purification
Sepa CF Membrane Test System Animated Demo